Tuesday 13 August 2013

Project 1 - Packaging : Week 3









Tutor Feedback 

This week was positive, last week Scott believe I needed to address a problem. From last week's butter concept I interrelated it to JAM. Traditional Jam bottles are always packaged in a glass bottle, where the lid of the jar are a issue for all users. So I did a internet and a supermarket research, where I was only manage to find one plastic bottle design on the market and only on the shelves of woolies. Also another plastic tub design, where from my online research the reason of the use of glass is because it is believe it will keep and preserve the jam more efficiently.
I believe the opening of a jar is a hassle and a problem for patients with hand disability and also the general public. I also found the hassle of the use of a extra spoon of knife for users and the product will create more washing. Where I looked into cosmetic and deodorant packaging and I came up with the roller jam concept.
Scott think it is a good direction but issue like will it flatten the bread? and is the jam in such liquid state to be rolled out? I had the option of the roller and ball roller option and where are both believe the ball roller will provide users more option to apply the jam. Scott believed I should do experiments or create my own mechanism to have the applying packaging concept.

I listened to Tom giving feedback to Anthony's honey concept, where he address the issue that there are left over honey on the edge of the hole of the packaging and Tom suggested why not get rid of the component to avoid the issue. Which I believe that is also a very good feedback.

I also spoke to Peter where he pointed out some problems I would also have are food hygiene issue. Since the jam is sticky and the roller will have high chance of picking up the crumbs from the bread. So my next step will still do an experiment on the roller design and from there I will work onto creating a new applying method for jam packaging.


Peer Feedback

Lubar Han 
http://lubar-han.blogspot.com.au/

 Shampoo bottle design I suggested that the curve shape is very ergonomic but it will be great that she can design the bottle to sit on a surface and also be hung in the shower. The choice of using a plug on wall system might not work 100% if the bottle carries a lot of weight and in result of gravity it will fall. 


Antony chen 
http://daming-ides1031.blogspot.com.au/

I like he did different kinds of experiment for his design to conclude in the air compressing idea he has now.
The grip feels really nicely,and it will be a easy to squeeze product. The problem I see would be if manufacturing can achieve his flexible compressing body.



No comments:

Post a Comment